Monday, February 23, 2015

Field of Clover

Please enjoy this poem Kaija wrote in Year 4 about something she totally did in the castle courtyard with her puppy.




Fields of Clover

My dog following
At my heels, batting
Unsuspecting bumblebees
Drowsily humming
Along the way,
Sampling honeysuckle
Tasting nectar, here
And there,
As we romp through a field of clover,
Gently cradling soft petals that
Drift down like snow.
We run and run,
My dog’s ears flapping all the way.
We run and run until we fall,
My dog on my chest and me on my back.
I watch the clouds float absentmindedly,
The warm breeze, all the more pleasant,
Playful, rustling the new leaves,
Giving us a sudden burst of energy,
And just enough time for another run,
Before we have to leave
Our peaceful field of serenity,
Dotted with flowers,
Speckled with life,

And full of joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment