Monday, February 23, 2015

Kaija's Fantastic Journey

Please enjoy this beautiful poem Kaija wrote in Year 2. It's about a pink lamb. And a kangaroo. And possibly a magical walrus.

Once I saw a pink lamb.
Up in the clouds, there it sat.
Over the rainbow we magically flew,
Through the sky,
Like a fairy on a drop of dew.

Up in the sky I held her hand,
By we flew, over Rome and France,
On a cloud,
We flew to the far side of the world,
Like a dream.

This world would not last forever,
So soon did we slow,
When the sun was awakening
And the moon was sleepy.
The cloud had faded to fog and the fog was mist by dawn.

I let go of her hand,
And took one last glance at my magical friend,
Her pink woolly fur,
Her fantastical self.
And she was gone.

And next thing I knew,
There was a kangaroo peeing on me and I was screaming
In Australia, my homeland.

No comments:

Post a Comment