Friday, February 20, 2015

Obligatory Introductory Post

Hello, world! My name is Kaija and most of the time, I live in a Tudor castle in my mind. I like sunsets, baby animals, Eurovision, Doctor Who, scandipop, cupcakes, learning new languages, and exotic coffee. I love my family, which includes my three puppies and my kitten.

I live with my mum and my MorMor and our four pets.

This is Bear. She's the oldest, so she stopped being a puppy a long time ago, but she'll always be my baby. Her name was supposed to be Zoe, but the moment I looked at her I said, "Hi, Sophie!" Since then, she's gone by the names of Gopher, Gubbie, Gubbie Bear, and Bear.



This is the Supreme Pie Lord. She started out as a Molly, but we call her Pie, Pie-Pie, Wobbles, the Wobbler, and, on occasion, Polly. She's a rescue dog. The local vet got her and two other dogs with pneumonia from Puppy Palace, who wanted the doctor to put them down. The doctor decided to save them instead, and then put them up for adoption. They all have life-long breathing problems, but we got free medication from the doctor as part of our adoption package because the doctor knew we couldn't afford hundreds of dollars worth of pills a year, no matter how much we loved our new baby. Molly was the last pup to be adopted. She was almost nine months old by the time we got her, because she was the sickest of the lot and no one else wanted her. I fell in love with her the moment I saw her, though, and the rest is history.





This is Muffin. She's the youngest dog in our family, and according to most of our neighbors, the cutest.





And this is Princess Tanja. We got him on a chilly October night when our next-door neighbor saw a kitten in her yard and called me over to see him. He was only four months old, and he was cold and hungry. Somehow, he'd lost his mommy and couldn't find his way back to her. I spent two hours coaxing him out of the bushes, and then I wrapped him in my sweater to keep him warm and fed him some pasta. He lived in our backyard for a week or so before we decided to take him inside and out of the cold. Now he's found his forever home, and he's right where he belongs - curled up nice and comfy on my bed.





No comments:

Post a Comment