Tuesday, February 24, 2015

My Favorite Things about Mr. Piggles

Things I Love About My Cat, by Kaija

I love your fur, 
It's ocean depths black,
And how fuzzy it gets when you roll around on the blankets
Even when it's dusty,
I just think it's cute.

I love when you smile,
In your kitty-cat way,
When you bat about your mouse
Or blink sleepily up at me
And when you leap over the dogs. 

I love your cuddles,
Short though they may be,
I love your little nose touches
And head butts
And even the way you claw me to say 'pet me or die.'

I love your prance,
And the stance you take at the window watching birds,
I love the life in your eyes,
And I cherish the way we met
Slowly, cautiously, on the darkest night in October of last year. 

I love how silly you are
And the way you'd rather eat pasta than fish,
Or how you prefer ice cream to meat. 
I love your clumsiness 
And I adore every meow.

I hate it when you steal my toys,
But it's so dang cute
That I smile anyway.
Because you're not an ordinary cat.
You're mine, and I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment